Latest update: 02.02.2022
The GOLAW team highly respects your privacy and personal data. This information message will allow you to understand for what purpose and how we process your personal data when you use the website https://litigationinukraine.com/ and/or interact with us in any other way, what rights you have providing us with any information about yourself, and how to contact us if necessary.
WHO WE ARE
GOLAW is a Ukrainian law firm with offices in Kyiv (Ukraine) and Berlin (Germany). We are the owner of the website https://litigationinukraine.com/ and the controller of data, processed in accordance with this Policy. Our contact details and address are provided at the end of this Policy.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
The term “personal data” in this Policy means any information that is related to an identified or identifiable individual (“data subject”).
An identifiable person is a person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as name, identification number, location data, online identifier, or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that individual.
ON WHAT BASIS CAN WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The processing of your personal data is carried out by us in the presence of a certain legal basis, namely:
- Your consent to the appropriate processing in some cases (for example, the use of direct marketing, etc.). We obtain and rely on your consent to the relevant processing (you can always withdraw your consent).
- In the absence of your consent, we will process your personal data only when necessary, in particular:
- to perform the agreement in which you are a party, or to perform at your request the actions, necessary for concluding such agreement;
- to fulfill the obligations, imposed on us by law;
- to ensure the legitimate interests pursued by us or another person only in circumstances where those legitimate interests do not conflict with your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require the protection of personal data;
- to ensure the public interest or in the implementation of official powers by us;
- to ensure the legal rights of the claim, in particular, if we need your data to identify you, to protect our interests.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS?
We may process your personal data that have been received from you or another source, in particular:
- information about you (your name and surname, e-mail address, company name, telephone number, or other contact details);
- name, identification data of the company, in which you work, and your position;
- location (for example, the location of your device);
- contact details: postal/e-mail address and telephone number(s);
- technical information on visits to the website https://litigationinukraine.com/ or mobile application or on materials and consultations that we send you electronically;
- Internet Protocol address (IP address) used to connect the device to the Internet and other personal and technical information you provide to us when using the website https://litigationinukraine.com/, including the type and model of the device, type, and version of the browser, time zone, types and versions of the browser plug-in, system language, operating system and platform, advertising ID of your device;
- personal data obtained in the process of communicating with you by phone, e-mail, through the website https://litigationinukraine.com/ or otherwise (including data that we receive or you provide to us while using the site, being interested in our services, information materials, as well as while contacting us to report the problem, etc.);
- your personal data provided to us by third parties or generated by us in the course of providing services, which may include special categories of data;
- any other personal data provided by you that we may need to provide legal services, to make a decision by the recruitment department on the relevance of the candidacy for a particular vacancy of the firm, to enter into or perform a contract with you;
- information about your visit, including full unique resource locators (URLs), history of visits and navigation on the website https://litigationinukraine.com/, history of transition from the website https://litigationinukraine.com/ (including date and time), pages and services, which you have viewed or searched for, page response time, loading errors, length of stay on certain pages, information on the activity on the page (e.g., scrolling, clicking, and hovering), ways to navigate the pages, as well as phone number or social icon the network you used to communicate to us.
WHEN DO WE PROCESS YOUR DATA?
We may process your data if:
- you are our customer (client) or supplier (or interested in becoming one);
- you use the website https://litigationinukraine.com/;
- you work for our customer (client) or supplier, or for someone who uses our services;
- you are a potential client (or you work for a client) to whom we want to tell about our services or offer them;
- you are our employee, contractor, or interested in working with us.
We intentionally do not collect data from children under the age of 18, nor do we offer them products. If we become aware that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information.
WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING?
We do not collect any data that we do not need to achieve the goals set out in this Policy. We may collect and process your personal data exclusively for:
- administrating the website https://litigationinukraine.com/, ensuring your access to it and its functionality and the implementing internal operations, including the correction of deficiencies, data analysis, testing, research, collection of statistics and surveys;
- improving the website https://litigationinukraine.com/ and the practice of its use, ensuring the presentation of content in the most effective way for you and your device;
- providing legal advice, sending with your consent information, including advertising materials (by e-mail, telephone, and messages on the website https://litigationinukraine.com/) and personalizing the newsletter, including sending personal advice, analysis of news legislation, articles, publications, and invitations to events;
- fulfilling our legal, regulatory and administrative obligations to clients and potential clients/future employees of the firm;
- managing our relations with clients, suppliers, candidates for vacancies;
- your registration for any event, including online, organized by GOLAW on its own or with the support of GOLAW business partners;
- advertising, offering and implementing GOLAW services, evaluating and understanding the effectiveness of the advertising we demonstrate.
WHOM DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may disclose your personal data to the following:
- any company of GOLAW group, including the office in Germany (Berlin), directly or indirectly related companies, subsidiaries, and their subsidiaries;
- third parties, including, but not limited to, delivery services, IT service providers, our business partners, auditors, suppliers, and subcontractors, if necessary to achieve the purpose of processing your data;
- third parties involved in the organization of events under the guidance and initiative of GOLAW;
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties (courts, regulators, and law enforcement agencies) if required by applicable law.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The data received from you is kept for the period necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. Then the data is deleted or transferred to the archive, unless further processing is necessary to comply with the obligations we have undertaken, or for other lawful purposes. If no other period follows from the purpose of processing your personal data, we will process it for up to three years from the date of collection.
We may delete your personal data at your request at any time. In addition, you may revoke your consent for personal data processing or the marketing mailing.
WHERE DO WE PROCESS AND HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data that we process may be transferred and kept outside the European Economic Area. Such data may also be processed by employees working for us, including the ones who provide, but not limited to, support services.
We will take all reasonable actions to ensure all appropriate security measures for your data security.
Contacting the website www.golaw.ua a secure SSL connection is used, which provides encryption of data transmitted between the server and the user’s device.
All processed personal data is stored on secure servers.
We take additional security measures when responding to your requests, for which we verify your identity as our user because we do not want your data to be disclosed to third parties. But we take into account that your identification data or personal devices may be stolen, so in such cases, do not hesitate to inform us.
We cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the website www.golaw.ua, so any transfer is at your own risk. Once we receive your data, we will be able to apply strict procedures and security measures to prevent unauthorized access.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING PERSONAL DATA?
When you provide us with personal data for processing, you reserve the following rights:
- the right to be informed about who we are, for what purpose, and how we collect, use and process your personal data;
- the right to access your personal data and the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you (for this contact us in any convenient way for you );
- the right to correct personal data, their inaccuracies or to fill in any incomplete personal data that we process in relation to your person;
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data, if the processing is carried out based on consent (for more details on the withdrawal of consent);
- the right to delete (erase) your personal data or the right to “be forgotten”;
- the right to restrict or block the processing of your personal data;
- the right to transfer data to another service (to another controller), to store your personal data on a personal device;
- the right to object to any processing of personal data that we process based on legitimate interests, if our grounds for the main processing exceed the scope of your interests, rights, and freedoms; and
- the right not to be the subject of an automated decision-making and profiling process and to influence personally the automated collection and profiling systems;
- the right to file a complaint regarding any processing of your personal data to us or to apply to the control authorities of the country in which you live or work;
- the right to require us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
You can exercise your personal data rights by contacting us in any convenient way for you.
HOW TO REVOKE YOUR CONSENT FOR PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING?
You may revoke your consent for any personal data processing, exercise your right of access to personal data or exercise any other rights by:
- sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org;
Please note that before providing information in accordance with your request, we may ask you to provide additional information to verify your identity.
HOW TO STOP PROCESSING YOUR DATA FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
You can exercise your right to prohibit such processing by checking certain fields in the forms we use to collect data, or by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email we send you for marketing purposes. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
19B Instytutska Street, 01021, Kyiv, Ukraine
Hasenheide 78, 10967, Berlin, Deutschland
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, do not hesitate to contact us.